Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We made it to Moscow!

We arrived!! YEAH!! LP did really well. At first he was pretty nervous getting on to the plane. He did shed a couple of tears but nothing major. The seat are rows of 3 so I was on one end, LP in the middle, then a younger Russian man was in the 3rd seat. When he saw us settle in his row, I know he was probably thinking O' GREAT. LP was so well behaved the man was able to sleep!! I did let LP eat dry cereal 1/2 of the way as I didn't want to rock the boat with him and he was being so good just sitting in his seat eating a snack. We got into Moscow around 12:40pm and it took me a while to get my luggage, but our rep and driver were waiting for us when we got there. The traffic was terrible. It took us at least 1 hour to get to the hotel and LP slept the entire time. I was hoping he would nap once we got into the room but that did not happen.

Once we got settled in our room we headed out. Our first place of business McDonald's!! Unfortunately no one spoke English, but I managed to get a Happy Meal for LP and McNuggets for me!! LP ate 1/2 of a burger and 3 french fries. After our late lunch I walked around until I found a grocery store. We needed water and some basics: like bread, cheese and water. I was able to pack some left over food I had in Astrakhan, so we have tuna, oatmeal, apples, and snacks for LP. So we are in good shape for the next couple of days.

Tomorrow morning we have an early appt with the Embassy doctor. We will leave the hotel at 8:45am. I am not sure there is anything else on the agenda for the day, so LP and I will probably venture out. There is no other CHI American families here right now. I wish there was but we should be fine. I heard there was a park near by so we may check that out.

To Mandy and Catherine (in Astrakhan) I miss you guys already!! You both will do fine!!! I am not going to lie and say it was easy but we made it. I am so thankful to all the people who helped me during my travel, I will never know who they are but I appreciate their kindness . One man gave LP a lollipop in the airport, another women carried my back pack onto the airplane another man helped me maneuver my luggage from the baggage claim area in Moscow. So if people offer their help - take it!!

Talk to you soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to chat with you. Can't believe he had his first real cheeseburger. Everything is good here Peanut has a field trip to the zoo tomorrow. She is real excited to go and wear her school t-shirt. I think she is more excited to wear the t-shirt than anything. We miss and love you. Talk with you soon.

Luke, Peanut

Anonymous said...

So glad the trip to Moscow was uneventful, I know you were worried... He took his first airplane ride and for the most part will never remember it!! and his first MCDonald's quite a day for him!!! Hopefully the rest of your trip home will be as smooth sailing... Have a safe trip back and talk to you soon.. hope to see you all soon too!!! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Tried to write again but the Blogg police got another one, pretty soon I'll just be emailing you. So far everything going well. This week I'll be doing my best past time (painting)The inside of the house is really starting to look alot better. Hopefully Jeff can come down soon and finish the stairs then I can finish painting the walls. Grandma went and bought some tile and Jerry is coming over this week to lay that down then it will start looking like house. Hope this gets to you. Love ya both

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well!! He sure is a cutie!! Take care!

Delyn

Anonymous said...

won't be long now. can't wait to see you and finally meet the little guy!!
Abby, Andrew, Chief and Chaz