Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday April 21st

Time with LP is really fun! The last couple of days we have been walking around A LOT site seeing with the other mom's. There is Mandy who has her son with her waiting for his passport, then there is Catherine who is waiting out her 10 days for her little guy. So having each other is really helping everyone. All of our husbands are at home so it is just us moms. We head out after nap time and usually come back in around dinner time. So at least a good 2-3 hour walks. I have taken a lot of pictures and enjoyed seeing the sites.

The bath time tantrums have officially stopped. Last night he was actually splish splashing in the water and laughing, so I just went with it. I think it is a great sign that he trusts me and he now feels comfortable around the water.

Tomorrow, Tuesday we head to Moscow. Our flight is at 10:30am and we arrive in Moscow sometime around 12:30pm. So this 2 hour flight is going to be a great test of how our 10 hour flight to JFK is going to go?? I still have a few things to pack up yet, but for the most part I was all packed on Sunday. HAHA! Leaving will be bittersweet but I am ready for the last leg of this trip and to head home on Friday. I still am praying and holding on to hope that I can leave Thursday, but I really don't think that is going to happen.

As soon as we get situated in Moscow I will post to let you know we arrived!! I am really hoping LP will be fine on the flight!! It is actually making me nervous.

Wish us well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been one hectic week. Grandpa is doing well. Me and John left late Sunday night and he was complaining he wanted to come home. My cell didn't work very well up there and when I got to in IL. I must have 14 messages. I'm glad every thing is going well, and thats Bull you got to stay one more day, but your be home soon.

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're on the homestretch!

I never walked so much while I was in Astrakhan...spent hours each day walking too. Was never in such good shape as when I was there! You are so fortunate to have people to walk with!

Hope the flight to Moscow is uneventful. As I recall, the flights are either REALLLLLY either or later in the day, so not really the best time for kids. Hope your son does just fine and you get all settled in for your final days before that glorious homecoming.

In my last days in Russia, I'd dream all the time about the homecoming, stepping to the baggage claim for the last time, seeing my family. Ah...I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Sara (mom to Sophie from Astrakhan)

Patti said...

I sure hope the flight goes well tomorrow. Whenever I'm sitting on the floor in Alex's room while he's settling down to sleep at night, I pray for you and the other moms I know that are adopting. It is a great way for me to pass the time. It usually takes him about an hour or so to settle down to sleep. I'm glad to hear you have your packing done - enjoy your last Azimut breakfast tomorrow!

Allison said...

Praying for a safe and easy flight for you and LP. I can't wait to catch up with you once you get home. Not too much longer now!