Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 9 of 10

So tomorrow is my day 10!! I will not unfortunately get to pick up LP tomorrow and will have to wait until Monday. I would love to say it flew by but I can't. I am just so anxious to get LP that it feels like our court date was so long ago. My visit with LP was okay today. He wasn't really cranky but trying to be naughty. I think he is really trying to test the limits with me and see what I will and will not tolerate. Which is hard to set limits in the orphanage. He was really distracted by all the kids outside playing ( it was 76 degrees today). He kept pointing and making noises as he watched the kids play. I promised him on Monday we would take a stroll outside. I honestly don't know if he has ever been outside. We will just take a little walk (LP will be in a stroller) to gradually get him used to the environment outside.

After my visit with LP my interpreter took me shopping for a spring coat for LP. First we went to this children's store called Banana Mama. Which was like a BabiesRUs and has EVERYTHING. Although it has everything you could ever need for a baby - toddler, they did not have any spring coats left for little boys. The second place we went was kinda like a Disney store (located at the ACTOP -shopping mall) but I really don't remember seeing any Disney characters but they had plenty of spring coats left.

Tomorrow being Sunday I will not get to see LP, but great news is a family should be arriving tomorrow!! YEAH............People to talk too!! Since tomorrow will be a slow day I won't post again until Monday. I also want to thank everyone who has been leaving messages on my blog!! I love reading the comments and appreciate your messages of support!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I'm sure it feels so long! But it will be over soon! that's too bad that you can't see him on Sunday, but at least you can bring him "home" on Monday. We are praying for you.

-Carrie Ribeiro

Patti said...

Just a few more days left - WOW! I know it seems to take forever. I'm so glad another family is coming. You're doing great - I know the emotions can run wild, but you can do it.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is going well with you and little man. Little Princess and I had a good day. My sleep schedule is still really out of wack. I was up at 3am today and did not go back to sleep. It was cold and rainy here today. It is good to be back with peanut and she talks all the time about missing mommy and when is brudder coming home. We both miss you dearly and cannot wait till you guys come home. I made pancakes and cooked some sausages for breakfast this morning, per peanuts request. She said I did a good job and wanted to know if brudder would like pancakes, I said more than likely. I do miss the great food in Russia, hahahaha. The light is at end of the tunnel, hang in there. Right now, peanut is playing dress up and I got done painting her finger nails. Also I am wearing a princess crown, she requested I wear it. We played hotel today and went out and did some erands. She wanted to know if we can drive to Russia, I said if the van has wings we could fly there. She laughed and said I was a silly goose. Nothing really new back here. Give me a call tomorrow, love ya and only a few days left. Tell Galina and the gang hello.


Luke, Little Princess, Marley, Lola

Anonymous said...

Very soon Jenn and you'll be home. Hang in there.
Tomorrow(SUnday) is my crazy day- I will tell you all about it.

Just found out from mom grandpa had surgery on his leg. Nice-didn't know that. I will have to talk with dad and find out why he didn't tell me.

At least you are having nice weather. Thank god we will be at a restaurant tomorrow since its supposed to be 35 degrees.

Well I hope to talk to you soon-

Enjoy and I will read and write on MOnday.

Jaime

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!
I can't imagine what you're going through right now-you will have so many stories to tell LP when he gets older! Luke's post about Natalya melted my heart. Can we drive to Russia-OK, HOW FRICKEN ADORABLE is that?! Oh, she is just going to be the most loving big sister to Vlad!
I can't wait to hear how your first day together goes on Monday. It sure sounds like he knows who his mommy is, and I'm sure it's going to be amazing-to finally be w/ your son FOREVER. :)
Grandpa is doing well-I saw Jaime's post about his surgery. It wasn't really anything. Minor, really. They just had to drain some "stuff" out, was getting infected. YUCK. I told grandpa no more dumpster diving. I said if he needs anything-to just let us know and we'll get it for him :)
Well, I will check back tomorrow and see how the day went! Can't wait to see PICS!!!! Love ya!
Ang.

Anonymous said...

Just soak it all in, Jen. Your LP will love hearing the story over and over again once he gets a little older. He will never tire of hearing how he came into the family! Just know that we think of you constantly. Luv ya lots!