Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Morning of Day 2

Well I am getting my feet wet on blogging. Up to this point Jen did this and I just watched, kind of like a lot of things we do, so here goes. Day 2 in Astrakhan, we both slept well. Getting ready to go to breakfast, which for me will be coffee and hot dogs(Russian sausage). We have a great breeze in our room which is nice. Suppose to get over 70 again here today. I miss having our friends here Matt and Patti from the first trip. It is just us and soon to be just Jen, but another family is coming soon while Jen is here. We are able to get internet in our room and can watch movies we got from Jen's mom from the comfort of our room. We both miss our Princess, but we know she is having fun with grandma and papa, and playing with her cousins. She is probably thinking is my brother ever coming home? Our nephew Ryan was born in September, and over Easter weekend Princess got to play with him. She is real pumped on getting a brother and playing with Ryan got her talking about all the things she can do with brother. Ok, not to be random, but there is major construction going on at our hotel and all around Astrakhan. But there is a guy climbing up on scaffolding without any kind of harness or anything outside our room. We are on the 4th floor but there are up on the 6th-7th floor right now. It is kind of like having a circus outside your window. We do have a nice view of the Iran Embassy as well. We are excited to go see little Prince this afternoon. It seems like it has been forever. His Chicago Bears clothes are just waiting for him. Well it is off to breakfeast and have everyone look at us. Thank you for everyone leaving comments on our blog. It is nice to know family and friends are sharing our journey with us. Keep them coming!

Thanks


Luke

5 comments:

Allison said...

Hey guys
Just wanted to pop in and say a quick Hi before the Monkey and me head to Florida in the morning. I'm going to be without Internet access for a week (gasp!) and I can't wait to come back to hear that court was successful! Enjoy your visit with the little Prince today and good luck in court.
Big hugs,
The O'Daniels
P.S. Luke, you did a Great job for your first time blogging!

Anonymous said...

Luke, I only thought you could only do logistics, I didn't think you could blog. Did you go to school for that (Blogging 101).
Yesterday I got snow flurries at the farm thank god it didn't stick. I have to back to work, give Glad a hug from Grandpa.

Love you guys

Anonymous said...

Luke,
Well it appears you have mastered the blog!!!Glad the weather there is nice... today suppose to be 50 YIPPEEE!!!Was at the Fleet Farm Monday had to get a couple tires and got him a pair of Bibs he'll fit right in on the farm....Can't wait to get him home here!!! Hope all goes well tommorrow.... Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Good Job Luke

Oh by the way the SOX lost--so did the Cubs

Glad to hear everything is going great. Take lots of pictures at your visit and good luck in court!!

Jaime

Anonymous said...

Luke-well done! Very well written blog-especially the part about the guy climbing up the building outside your window. I really felt like I was there. Really brought me into the moment :-) And how were your russian hot dogs for breakfast?! :)
Kidding aside-I am so thrilled for you too, and will continue to follow the blog daily! Let me know if you see any more guys climbing past your window...or , you know, stuff about Vlad . :-) Love ya guys!!! Angie