Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 7 of 10

Only a few more days and LP will be mine forever!! YEAH! It is wonderful how that little guys smile can brighten up my day!! At my visit today he just comes walking in with the BIGGEST SMILE on his face, and when he says Mama it melts my heart!! The care takers gave him a interesting hair cut!! It will need some fixing up once we get home!!

Today I saw a kinda sorta tantrum - if that is what it was??? Our time was up and we had to clean up so I could take him to his room. LP didn't not want to stop flipping the pages in his book. Well I took the book and he huffed and rolled onto the floor. Never once cried or shed a tear but I think he was more or less looking for a reaction. I just laughed and thought WOW that is all ya got? Once he knew it didn't phase me he got up and took my hand and was ready to go.

The last couple of days I was able to take LP to his room. I am not allowed to go all the way in but I am able to view inside the room. Most of the time all I see is the kids in his room just playing. LP's room is on the 2nd floor and the hallways there are just like galleries of picture of the kids. They all seem to be having a wonderful time and again I can't stress enough, how much I think these caretakers love these children. I always tell people that the orphanage does the best with what they have but I don't think lack in the love department.

It is pretty lonely with out Luke but I am doing good. On the agenda tonight is dinner and a movie!!

Have a great day!

Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah we had a daughter who would also flip out. But as she got older see seem to mellow out (yeah right).I guess what they say what goes around comes around. When I see my grandson for the first time what do I call him GLAD hahaha LP or what. Not much going on latey but by the weekend uncle John will be down to finish plastering. Give the baby a hug and tell him Grandpa loves him. Take Care

Patti said...

If you want to see a real tantrum, come on over! Oh yeah, you're in Russia - not very convenient for you I guess - ha! Glad to hear you are getting some fun visits with LP.