Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 2 in Moscow

Today we got an early start and LP is not a morning person. I partially blame the hotel, they took a little long to get me a crib, so LP didn't go to bed unit 9:30pm. I was up at 6:00am and I woke LP up around 7:00 to so we could take advantage of the free breakfast at the hotel. The morning started off rocky but once LP had food in his belly he was good to go.

Natalia with CHI picked us up at 8:45 am so we could have our Dr. visit for the Embassy. LP did really well, he cried a little but the doctor felt he was faking. The doctor told me not to run to him every time he cries. I know what he is saying but it is hard not to want to console him, so he understands that we will be there for him. Otherwise he said LP looked really well. LP is 21 lbs and 31 inches so right now he is not even on the growth charts. We have work to do when we get home!!

After our Dr. appt we came back to the room for a much need nap. After LP's nap we ventured out a bit and stumbled upon a large park/amusement park located a short distance from the hotel. It was really nice with lots of food stands, games, rides etc. There was a lot of people walking around and kids playing. LP and I just walked around and people watched. Below are some pictures.





Tomorrow we have our appt at the US Embassy to get LP's visa at 2:00pm. The driver is picking us up at 1:00pm. Tomorrow is a good day! That means that we are one step closer to home.
Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peanut and I are counting the days. We cross out the days on the calendar each day. Peanut was really excited to go to the zoo and ride the bus this morning. I can't get over that park, that is nice. He will have some work to get on the growth chart. Good luck tomorrow at the Embassy, give me a call tomorrow once that is done. Miss and love you.


Luke, Peanut

Anonymous said...

It sounds like he's doing well adapting to the free world. I keep showing his pictures and everybody thinks he's cute. Grandpas doing great and if he could he would move to the farm tomorrow. I guess Jerry is coming Saturday to lay our tile, and it should start looking like a home.John has somemore plastering and by next week I'll be ready for Jeff to finish the staircase. Just think you'll be bringing LP through or over Ellis Island. Got to go Love ya both

Patti said...

I'm glad you found that park - we were never able to visit it because it was too cold and windy. I can't believe you are going to be coming home soon. Hang in there, I know mornings can be rough when you have a hungry little one crying and whining. Just do your best - that's all you can do.