Thursday, April 24, 2008

We are ready to leave tomorrow!

Our appointment at the US Embassy went smoothly. There was a long line of Russian citizens awaiting to get visas to the US. While security was checking my passport, standing in line waiting with the other Russian Citizens to get into the Embassy was El Vera who was a translator for us while we were in Astrakhan. She has been trying to get a visa to get back to the US for school. She had been talking about having to complete Embassy paperwork but I was completely shocked to see her there - small world really!

There were was about 15 other families getting Visa's for their children and about 10 of us are on the JFK flight tomorrow. At least I won't be the only one with a kid on the plane. We leave the hotel tomorrow at 8:00am, so it is going to be another early day for LP. Please say a big prayer that we make it all the way home. I dropped the news to the other adoptive families at the Embassy that I only had 1 1/2 to get through immigration, so hopefully they take pity on me and let me go ahead of them.

Hopefully my next post will be via home!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Hi Jen, You're so close I bet you're on autopilot now. I can relate so much to what you've been through and are anticipating. I get tears in my eyes remembering our experience and especially the homecoming. It's fabulous! It's really good there are so many adopting parents on the long flight as that should provide some distractions for LP. I'm really impressed that you did the major portion of the trip by yourself. It wasn't easy for two of us to do it. FYI, customs for us in Atlanta took 30 minutes total but it all depends on the number of workers and the number of additional families ahead of you. Hang in there - you're in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there then - you're almost home. We'll be thinking about you.
Love you lots