Thursday, April 24, 2008

Have I been here that long??

Have I been in Russia that long that I starting to blend in with the Russian folks??? Well I have been here 25 days so far and usually stand out like a sore thumb. We have been told that normally Russian's can spot out an American right away, but not this morning. I guess they can tell because we smile a lot and the fact they think my hair is a wig -HAHA. After breakfast LP and I went for short walk and then to the market to get some water. We also watched the hundreds of pigeons in the park (trying not to get pooped on). From the time we left the hotel until the time we got back I had 5 people (YES FIVE) ask for directions (at least I am assuming that is what they were asking me - HAHA). I was shocked!! Again I just smiled and said sorry I don't speak Russian. Most just said nyet (no) and walked away. One gentleman - after I said sorry I don't speak Russia chatted with me for few minutes in English.

I am trying to work out my plan of attack for tomorrow. I am contemplating letting LP take a nap today, which we leave for the Embassy at 1:00pm which is his nap time anyway so maybe all that excitement he will not want to nap. I just want to make sure that at some point LP will nap on the plane tomorrow. It is a ten hour flight to JFK, so I hoping he will sleep for at least 3-4 hours. Usually if he is really tired he will take a good 3 hour power nap. But the down side he is can be a monster.

I'll post again tonight after our Embassy appt!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer I truly understand how it is being away from your family and freinds. You're doing it for a child I did it for a pay check. For the time you where gone you can recover that short time missed, I'll never be able to recover the time I missed with my family and freinds.
I want to take this time and thank the blogg Police for not removing my emails and letting me write to my daughter.
Jenn I hope the next two days goes fast for you cause the last day is always the longest.
Love ya both
DAD

Anonymous said...

Jen, good to chat with you this morning, enjoy your last tuna sandwich tonight. I am sure you will not be having that anytime soon. I don't think people realize what it is actually like to be in Russia compared to other countries. It is a lot different and hard to explain to people. Our family is complete. Peanut had fun last night at Abby and Andrews grilling out. Tomorrow night is all she talks about. What brudder is going to do when he sees her for the first time and all of that. Good luck tomorrow with the flights, just keep me posted and I will track on the internet if delays and what not. If you forget what Peanut and myself look lik,we will have a sign. Saturday you can sleep. I will take Peanut and LP with me to her tumbling. Mom and Dad will stop by on Sunday for a bit. See you guys tomorrow.

Luke, Peanut

Anonymous said...

Jenn, Finally.... YEAAAA!!! I am sure the time didn't go as fast for you as it did for the rest of us...we were here waiting for every little morsel of information and pic...To see the two little ones connect for the first time will be priceless..a memory to cherish forever...their journey to have come from the exact same place and that fate and love will tie them for the rest of their lives is just like something you read in a about.. they are truely blessed...Have a safe trip back, hope the flight goes well...talk to you soon.. Love Mom