Friday, April 11, 2008

Day 8 of 10

TGIF............kinda of! Yes - I am glad it is Friday because technically that means I only have one Friday left here in Astrakhan. Two more days until I get LP and 12 more days until I am on a airplane back to the US.

Luke made it home Thursday night and had a little delay from Atlanta to Peoria due to bad weather. Luke also had some issues in Moscow: the first being the Delta counter for some reason was requesting a receipt for his plane ticket and all he had was the confirmation itinerary. We have never had any issues prior so not sure why that was such a problem. After Luke explained several times, that he did not have a receipt they ended up giving him a boarding pass anyway. The 2nd issue was in the Moscow airport prior to getting to the Delta check in line, you have to have your bags searched. That means 2 Russian airport official people open your luggage and riffle through EVERYTHING. Well I gave Luke my clothes that I wore to court (I have no need for them now and it will save me room in my bags) so he could just take them home. They were very curious why Luke's luggage had women's clothing and shoes. HAHAHAHA. If you knew my husband the zillions of questions they were asking on why he had women clothing probably embarrassed him to no end!! Sorry Luke!! They ended up telling him next time have your wife carry her own clothing. HAHAHA!

My day was the usual of breakfast, short walk, email and visit with LP. LP is great as usual but our visit was kind of short as we had paperwork to pick up and drop off. I took some Mega Blocks with me to play with today and he really seemed to enjoy them. It did not take him long to figure them out. When it was time to clean up and go, he again was not ready AT ALL. I am glad that he enjoys spending time with me and wants to spend more time with me. I kept telling him only a couple of more days buddy and we can be together all day.

Tomorrow the interperter is going to take me to get a spring coat for LP. I just have the winter jacket/snowsuit combo which is too much for this nice weather. I am still not sure if I will be picking up LP on Sunday or Monday but I would love for it to be Sunday!!

Have a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't know that luke was a cross dresser Hahahahaha. I'm glad your doing well on your own. I totally undestand what your going through. Been there done that!!! We are suppose to get snow tomorrow and Sunday, and by Wednesday high 60s. I'll be working in the house this weekend and then going to the baptism on Sunday. luke said he'll call me and maybe meet then I can go with him. got to go.
PS. The Blog police are letting my letters through.

Patti said...

Hi Jennifer, we had a similar request about needing the receipt, but at the counter at the Astrakhan airport. I know you might not use all of that "stuff" we left you. A lot of it was from the other American family. You can hand it off to someone else or throw it.