Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 5 of 10

We had a early visit with LP this morning and honestly the 10 day waiting period is a great time to bond with him. This way he can gradually adjust/adapt to us and we are slowly building up his trust. LP loves books right now, but not for the enjoyment of the story. He just loves to flip the pages. That is all he wants to do is flip pages. We have tried to read them, but he has no interest. This was Luke's last visit with LP as he is leaving tomorrow morning. It is sad but Luke is glad he was able to stay some extra days and spend the time with him.

As I said Luke leaves tomorrow......sad but I will be alright!! I will only have a couple ( 5) of days by myself before the next round of families arrive. I really have enjoyed this time with Luke all by ourselves. We have missed L. Princess terribly, but from the reports back home she is having a BLAST.

After our visit we dropped the other family off at the airport and headed to lunch at a restaurant called the Horseshoe. It is a Russia version of a Outback Steakhouse (minus the steak - ??). We had a Russia business lunch. Luke and I had a Russian version of chicken noodle soup which was excellent. Then for the main course we had chunks of pork in a red cream sauce with mashed potatoes. Again it was excellent. I am not sure what it is but in Russia they have great Bread. Bread is served with every meal and it is just great tasting bread.

Have a great day!

Jennifer

1 comment:

Patti said...

I am glad to hear everything is going well! I hope that Luke's travel home goes smoothly. I hope the wind has quieted down there and you've been able to enjoy the warmer weather.