Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 2 of 10

Saturday evening here in raining Astrakhan Russia. This afternoon we got to see LP. We played with him about an hour and a half. He was really good and at one point was uncontrollably laughing which made us uncontrollably laugh. It is funny how his personality is really just like his big sisters. He is still saying mama and papa and says it with a smile now. I believe he gets it. We will be going back to visit tomorrow morning and not sure if we get to see him tomorrow afternoon or not. Today it rained most of the day, so we did not do anything. Jen slept and I watched a movie. Tonight we had a very Russian meal (HAHA), Romain noodles we cooked in our room and a traditional Russian dessert, Snickers. Yes we are Americans. It is nice though, how the hotel staff is really trying to make us feel welcome. They say "hello" and "how are you today"?. They are trying. I asked the front desk person where the Subway restaurant is in town and she pointed to the restaurant in the hotel. So still a little language gap. Another family got here today, so it is nice to have another English speaking family here.

I am really glad I extended my stay here in Russia. Our second visit with LP was yesterday, I would have missed that, as I was supposed to fly out yesterday morning. Also it makes me fell like a celebrity some more. When we are eating out or just walking around, people are always looking at us. We don't have a flashing light above us that says, look were Americans, but sometimes we feel like it. I am sure we will be updating our visits with LP tomorrow. Will talk with you later.

Luke

2 comments:

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

We are so glad that your visits with your son are going well. Hopefully, your wait will go by fast, so you can cherish many more moments together.


God's Blessings.

Patti said...

Ah yes, oh how I remember being a "celebrity" there! I'm glad the staff are helping you feel more comfortable. I just had to laugh at your story about asking where Subway is - the language barrier can be interesting, to say the least!