Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First full day with LP

Today was my first full day with LP!! Last night bedtime went really smooth. LP sucks his index finger just like his sister does. LP went down with out a fuss. He moves around a lot in his sleep and plays with his ears. The orphanage schedule has him up at 6:30am. So I was up at 6:45 but LP was still sleeping, so I though well I'll just lay here and let him sleep another 1/2 hour - 1 hour longer. Well I accidentally fell back asleep until 8:45 and LP was still sound asleep. I woke him up and he was happy as could be. We got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. One thing I have learned is that if the food does not come fast enough or I can't make if fast enough he has a fit!! Hopefully once he realizes that the food will always come and he will always have enough this won't be an issue.

We went and got our plane tickets to Moscow today (YEAH!!!). LP did much better in the car today, although he held on to me for dear life but he is getting better. It was somewhat cooler here today in Astrakhan, so besides the car ride we stayed inside and played. He is such a good kid, always happy (except around meal time) and laughing!!

Another family came in today!! There a family that we have know for years now. They adopted their 1st child when we adopted our little princess in 2005. Our first & 2nd trips in 2005 overlapped and it funny that we are here again at the same time for our 2nd kids. Long story short, we were talking about dinner plans and they suggested we order pizza. I said WHAT? They said yeah if you ask the front desk they will take your order and the pizza place will deliver to the hotel!! AGAIN WHAT?? I have been eating ramen noodles, peanut butter and tuna fish for 12 days. Needless to say I jumped all over the idea of ordering pizza. I took a really really long time for this joint to deliver but worth every bit I ate!!

Another issue which I don't know if it was because LP was just really tired or if he was really just that scared but bath time didn't go so well either. I tried to make it as quick as could be but he hated every second. I tried to make if fun, but he was not having it.

So a great day today!! Some issues that will take time and have to be worked out but overall a great day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like LP is getting around and getting use to you. Wasn't Natalyas first food Pizza. Who would ever think you could get excited over pizza. The weather here is around 65 degrees and suppose to rain the next few days. I mailed my check to my favorite people IRS hope theres enough money to cover itHAHAHAHAHA. Got to go I'll write later.

Anonymous said...

Glad your day went well with LP. Good to chat with you today. Only 9 days left. Hang in there. When you get back you can have normal food. Peanut is doing well, asked this morning if we are going to the airport to pickup brudder and mama soon. I said yes and she yelled YEAH. She will be nuts that day. Give LP hugs and kisses from papa.

Love and miss you


Luke, Natalya

Patti said...

I'm so glad you have LP with you now! I'm sure you're counting down the days until you can introduce him to your little princess at home and reunite him with his daddy.