Tuesday, March 25, 2008

5 days Left

So the hustle and bustle continues. We got our VISAS yesterday, so we are ready to go on that end. Tomorrow Luke heads to the Secretary of State to get our final paperwork apostilled (hopefully) and that should be it as far as paperwork. YEAH!! It's a strange feeling as this will be the last time I will ever have to worry about paper work AGAIN!! Literally I have been doing adoption related paperwork NON -stop since Little Princess's adoption in 2005. I look forward to the days of having a clean desk with out piles of documents to be notarized or apostilled.

To all you ladies who read my blog (not sure how many men besides my dad) but today was an emotional day! I am sure it was a combination of anxiousness, stress and excitment all mixed together. The thought that I will no longer be a mommy to one little kiddo but I will be a mommy to two kiddos hit me. I also think being away from my Little Princess will become harder then I think. Not to mention being away from my best friend (my hubby) will be just as hard. Don't get me wrong I am over the moon excited to leave but just an emotional reality check of a day.

I am trying to think of ideas for Little Princess for her to track the days we are gone. For example, on our first trip we gave her a greeting card with a note in it for every day we were gone (SHE LOVES getting mail - so this was right up her alley). But since I will be gone so long the greeting card idea might be a little much. I welcome any ideas!!!

I wanna send a "BIG" shout out to our friends Patti & Matt who should be on their way home with their little one!! Congratulations!!

No comments: