Saturday, March 8, 2008

22 days until take off!

Twenty Two days sounds like a lot time but when you have so much to do to prepare to leave, it does not seem like enough time. We received the call for our court date on Tuesday (3/4/08). Excitement, shock, joy and relieved are just some of the words that describe getting the call from CHI telling me we had a court date. I kept asking my CHI REP "seriously"? "are you serious"?

So this past week I have made our plane reservations and ordered our Visas. YEAH!!! The sticker price on our plane tickets was SHOCKING!!! We were able to save a little money on our Visas as we have more turn around time. Now that those two things are taken care of I can start to gather the remainder of the paperwork I need to take with me.

Luke (my husband for those of you who don't know) will be leaving a couple of days after our court date to be home with Little Princess. I will stay in Astrakhan through the 10 day waiting period and return home on April 24Th. YIKES!! I am starting to get nervous about being over in Astrakhan for that long by myself, but I CAN DO IT!!!!!

So on the agenda today: Organize paperwork

Little Prince's crib is over flowing with items I have bought along the way for our trip, so I think I will organize that as well, maybe even pack some stuff. For those of you who don't know I am an organizing freak!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Great blog! We look forward to reading more about your journey. Welcome to Blogger Land!

Patti and Matt

Matt said...

I'm glad we'll get to follow along on your journey. I think Patti told you Robert isn't here (Azimut) anymore but the experience is still about the same - although it's been less smokey for some reason. We'll try to leave some things for you either at the hotel or with Valla. Happy Packing, organizing, last minute documenting, running around, etc!

While I'm here I've been working on this map for future Astrakhan travelers. Hopefully it will be helpful...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112087830828496581154.00044785401ecf18f3976

Anonymous said...

Looks great, I am going to pass along to the rest of my family so that they too can hear and see the latest word on your travels and out new little prince!!! Love you MOM...

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

Hi Jennifer,
I called you in June of 2006 to ask you about adopting with CHI and what to expect. Now, we are about to go to court as well! Our court date will be held in Vladivostok on April 4th! We are adopting a 5 year old boy.

Thanks again for encouraging me in this process. It is getting close to "the good part" so I am extremely grateful to you for your assistance 2 years ago.

God's blessings on your trip!