Thursday, March 27, 2008

3 days until take off!

Three days left.............I still can't believe it!! Yesterday was a stressful day as we had issues at the Secretary of State!! The notary we had used for all of our last minute documents has two stamps one that will expire in the next couple of days, and a new stamp that continues until 2012. So when notarizing my documents he used his new stamp so we would not have any issues. Because you see if we used the old stamp the documents would become expired while in Russia and not valid. Well apparently the (pleasant- HA HA) ladies at the SEC of State, said that he should have then used both stamps because he can't use the new one until the old one expired. WHAT??? Anyway long story short, all the documents had to be REDONE!! (Did I jinx myself or what, just the other day I was saying how weird it was to be done with paperwork). So thankfully I have a WONDERFUL employer, who let me travel to Springfield to get the new documents apostilled this morning. Now we are officially done with paperwork!! YEAH!

I also found out that our travel arrangements have been tweaked a bit. Apparently there is something going on in Moscow on the 31st-1st, so the room rates are really high (higher than normal), so we will not be staying in Moscow over night and then heading to Astrakhan. Instead we will fly into Moscow and then directly head the region that same day! Which at that point what is another 2 hour flight??

A tip to any families traveling soon. I purchased these space saver travel bags at Target for I think under $10.00 (3 to a package). They are the bags that suck out all the air and condense large piles of clothing into a somewhat flat package!! THEY ARE AWESOME!!! You might need to purchase that wrinkle release spray but so so worth it. I am shocked how much room I have in my suitcases. Just a suggestion!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Patti said...

What a bummer about the SOS problems, but glad you're all set with paperwork. You're leaving in three days?!?! I am so excited for you! I'll give you a call...

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

Good luck on your trip! Maybe, we'll cross paths in Moscow on our way back.

God's Blessings as you are re-united with your little one.

Anonymous said...

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you as you travel to bring your son home. Lots of love being sent your way! Luv ya lots, Jeff & Deb, Adam & KT