Tuesday, May 27, 2008

1 month home!

WOW!! I can't believe that LP has been home for a MONTH! Where has the time gone? Although it seems like forever ago that I was in Astrakhan, dying to be home. LP has made a tremendous amount of progress since we arrived home and I am so lucky he has transitioned well. He is still a mama's boy at heart and usually that is the first word of the day from him. Last night Luke and I were laying in bed trying to fall asleep and LP was laughing and saying Mama in his sleep. Just too cute.! He understands WAY more then we give him credit for and surprises us daily with something new. Both the LP's are doing well together and the sibling rivalry/jealousy is slowing calming down and they are enjoying being playmates. We finally got more boy toys in the house as Luke was getting tired of seeing LP carrying purses around the house ( his sister has way to many purses - just like her mommy) and/or trying to wear headbands like his sister. Right now he loves hammering with his play hammer and dinosaurs. He carries this dinosaur around and will growl. He also loves to mow the yard (pretend - with his bubble mower). He just gets a kick out of doing something daddy does. The sandbox is his FAVORITE!! He could play in the sandbox for hours. I could go on and on but I will spare you those details and post some pictures.

You would never think that a month ago this kid hated the water! He is an official water bug just like his sister.
MOM............enough already with this picture stuff.!! HAHA
CHEESEBURGER.....CHEESEBURGER! At the ballpark.
Finally a picture together and they both are smiling! TOO CUTE!
My Princess at the ballpark.
Mom and the kiddos! Family fun at the ballpark! HEY BATTER BATTER!!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Too cute for words! It sounds like things are going well.

Sherrie said...

I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since Gotcha Day! Ahhhh...so precious - I love these photos! Thank you for sharing!!! Glad to see your happy family.
Sherrie

Anonymous said...

You are finally living your dream, Jen and Luke. Enjoy every precious minute. Love you, and love the pictures.

Jen Martin said...

How exciting to read your story. I happened upon it when I did a general search on adoption and Astrakhan. My husband and I were just reassigned to the Astrakhan region yesterday! Would love to corresond with you a bit if you have time. Our email is: jayandjenmartin@hotmail.com. Thanks so much! Jen