Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Update

As usual things have been busy......I guess this will be my life now with 2 kids. Although I can't complain as I love every bit of being a mommy to 2 great kids!

Little Prince had his 1st doctors appointment yesterday - the great news is that he gained 1 lb 7 ounces and grew a 1/2 an inch since we left the Embassy Doctor. So he is at 3% on the weight growth chart, 1 % in height and 42% on head circum (if you saw the rest of the family and how big our heads are - he fits right in- HAHA). Of course we have tons of lab work to get done and I have to collect stool samples (so fun - HAHA) to check for giardia etc. So no shots this visit but we go again on June 9th to see what shots needed and results of lab work. The doctor said overall LP seems to be doing GREAT and looks pretty healthy. The doctor was happy to see that LP was doing great in the attachment process. He said he sees a lot of kids who struggle with attachment and was surprised to see LP making such huge progress already. I am pretty lucky in that department because both of the LP's really didn't have too many attachment or bonding issues.

Little prince's vocab is growing. Below are the words he is currently saying:

Woof.......woof
Done
Mama
Papa
Dada
Talya (for his sister)
ball
Wawa - his version of water
No No
yeah
Yum Yums
and of course the one we hear the most:

Ka ka - (which I don't even now if I am spelling right - hopefully you get the idea)

Tantrums are few and far between anymore. Our biggest issue is still the dog and now LP has become a really picky eater. Which is a surprising change. Other then that we are all doing well!! Playing out side a lot and exploring new a lot of new things!

I post again soon!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Glad to hear your update! Alex says kaka a lot also. Just don't say it around Spanish speaking people. I was politely told that it is a bad word in Spanish! I hope he gets more used to the dog!