Monday, June 30, 2008

LONG LONG TIME !

Yes, we are still alive!! HA-HA It has been forever that I have posted and I know everyone is looking for new pictures and updates. We have been all so busy enjoying the beautiful weather outside, swimming, gymnastics practice, baseball games..........the list could go on and on. I can't believe June flew by so fast and July is expected to zoom by as well.

It has been 3 months since LP has been home and still everyday we admire him in amazement. LP is doing better then great! He is saying more words - I am pretty sure it is up to about 22. The new one this weekend was bite, as he was wanting a bite of my cinnamon roll - He kept patting my leg saying "Bite Mama Bite" . He is loving all fruit. He is not a big fan of meat? Which I am thinking it is a texture thing but I fight him just to eat a couple bites of chicken. Not even hamburger. When newly home he would eat just about anything but now he is picky. Not sure what exactly to do but hopefully this too is just a phase. . His favorite right now is strawberries. HE LOVES STRAWBERRIES The other day we bought some strawberries at the farmers market and once home I washed them and placed some in a bowl on the table. LP was eating them whole with the green leafy part!! He was popping them like M&M's

LP is doing great at school, and of course gets all the attention. Although the teachers say he hates being babied. I guess all the girls in the 4-5 yr age group won't leave him alone and it drives him crazy. He is a lot smaller then all the other 2 year olds but he thinks he is king at school.

I can officially say now that LP has NO FEAR of the dogs. In fact he acts like they are not even there. Right now the only issue is LP feeding the dogs off his plate. LP thinks it is hilarious, ME not so much.

LP is the shadow of his sister. Were ever she is he is sure to be behind her. They have their moments where they don't want to be bothered by the other but those are few and far between. Little Princess loves to tattle on her brother and does so at every chance she gets. For example this weekend she gave LP a red crayon and of course he colored the doors, walls and my coffee table all while she sat and watched him. I was down stairs for maybe 5 minutes changing out the laundry. So in 5 mins. LP made a wonderful masterpiece in my living room. THANK GOD for washable crayons and markers!!! I keep telling her that one day all that tattling will come back to haunt her!

On the health front, LP is up to 25lbs which is a 4 lb gain since being home and grew 1 1/2 inches. All his blood work and lab work came back normal and the doctor is more then happy with his adjustment. It is amazing what TLC will do for a kid!!

We are going to attend the CHI reunion picnic on July 12th and hope to see lots of families there! At last I will post pictures!!

Eating outside - buddies.


On this day LP got pooped on by a bird at school, so he had to wear his back up clothes which just happen to be sweats on a 85 degree day. Then to come home and prance around in mommies red high heels. Get a closer look at what his shirt says!! HA- HA
Please mommy! Pretty pretty please!
Daddy and kiddos
See MOM the dogs aren't so bad!! Let me just tug at it's hair.
Sure doggy eat what ever you would like off my plate!!! HA- HA
Father's Day gifts
Another father's day gift. I had to special order with their names, but I LOVE IT.
Cake for Daddies Birthday! YUMMY!!
Cake for Daddies Birthday!

Partner's in Crime!!

2 comments:

Patti said...

It was so good to hear from you! We won't be going to the CHI picnic, but maybe next year. It sounds like everything is going well. Everyone looks happy and well adjusted. He sure looks a lot like his sister.

Wade and Amy Williams said...

So good to hear from you! We have been home with Jill for 10 days now, and this is the first chance I've had to catch up on everyone's blogs! What GREAT pictures! Cute, cute, cute smiling kids! I'm so happy everything is going so well!